Donald Trump has launched a new website for Communications purposes. The new website claims it will publish content “straight from the desk” of the former US president.
Former President Trump was previously banned from using Twitter and also suspended from social networks including Facebook and YouTube following the Capitol riots of January 2021.
Trump has recently been releasing statements as press releases and the new area of the website will now host these communications.
Followers will be able to like these press releases and also share them to Twitter or Facebook, allowing his messages to continue to appear on the social network sites.
The new platform?
Mr Trump’s senior advisor, Jason Miller, has previously stated that a new social media platform would be launched. “This new platform is going to be big,” he said in March. But Miller tweeted on Tuesday that the new website was not the social media platform he had previously mentioned.
“We’ll have additional information coming I’m out front in the very near future,” he later said.
The new website is built by Campaign Nucleus, a digital services company owned and created by Brad Parscale, a former campaign manager for Mr Trump.
Move comes just a day before Facebook‘s oversight board will meet to discuss whether or not to permanently ban Trumps account. Move to create the new website may have been triggered by a realisation that the facebook account may be permanently lost.
This would follow on from the complete ban of Mr Trump‘s Twitter account, where he previously had 88 million followers. Twitter previously stated that sharing content from his new website would be permitted as long as the material did not violate any of Twitters rules.